If you are pregnant or your baby has just received a new diagnosis of Down Syndrome, it can be overwhelming trying to sort through the vast amounts of information on the internet.
You will find that below, some links to pages that are part of a guide I am working on. (Its a working progress 🙂 ). It is intended for parents who are going through a new diagnosis of Down Syndrome and want to learn more about it. The guide is written by a Baccalaureate-degree Nurse that is currently registered in good-standing (me!). All efforts are made to present information that is relevant, factual, and evidence-based with references cited.
New Parent Guide:
- An Introduction to Down Syndrome
- What Causes Down Syndrome?
- Trisomy 21 versus Down Syndrome
- Pathophysiology of Down Syndrome
- Patient-Centered Care Part 1 of 2: Patients Are Their Own Health Care Manager
- Patient-Centered Care Part 2 of 2: Being Your Own Health Care Manager
- Social Media Hashtags for #DownSyndrome